Nowadays, smartphones are becoming clever and more advanced when there are multiple features combined inside other devices, which allows users to get more benefits from them. You can now also access the Internet without the need for a wireless router or modem, as long as you have a smartphone in your pocket and it supports personal hotspot feature. That means you can turn your smartphone into a wireless router.
This can be considered as the best alternative method in case you cannot access a Wi-Fi network near you. If you are using an iPhone Xs/ Xs Max and ever wonder how to use Personal Hotspot on your new iOS device, then scroll down and keep reading this post.
How To Use iPhone Xs/Xs Max As A Mobile Hotspot
Before we start, if you are also finding solutions to a problem with your iPhone, visit my iPhone XS/XS Max Troubleshooting post, where we have already addressed some of the most common issues on these two new devices. If you can’t find a solution to your phone issue, then feel free to contact us to get further assistance.
To get started using Personal Hotspot on your iPhone XS/XS Max, you first need to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot on your iPhone. Follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the Settings app your Home screen.
- Tap on Cellular or Mobile Data menu.
- Select Personal Hotspot and then tap on the slider to enable the feature. If you don’t see Personal Hotspot option from the Cellular menu, you should contact your carrier to verify if your account is supported in your wireless plan. Otherwise, ask your carrier to activate a correct plan.
- After enabling Personal Hotspot over Bluetooth, tap on the option to enable Bluetooth. You can also choose Wi-Fi and USB only option.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Password and enter your desired password. Your iPhone XS/XS Max will now start creating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Note: You should create a strong password, at least eight alphanumerics (numbers and letters mixed) ASCII characters. Once you have successfully created your iPhone XS/XS max Mobile Hotspot, you will see the name of the hotspot under To Connect Using Wi-Fi section.
Once the Personal Hotspot is enabled, your iPhone will connect to the Internet using 3G/LTE cellular data network and then broadcast it through the Wi-Fi connection. Other devices can now connect to your iPhone XS/XS Max Wi-Fi Hotspot.
How to connect other devices to your iPhone Wi-Fi hotspot
To see if the Wi-Fi Hotspot works on your iPhone XS/XS Max, you can try connecting other devices to your iPhone. Here’s how to do so:
- Turn Wi-Fi on the device that you want it to connect to your phone Personal Hotspot, and then select your iPhone XS/XS Max Mobile Hotspot.
- When you are prompted, enter the correct password on the device that you want it to connect to. The password must be the same as the one you’ve set up for your iPhone.
- Now, wait for other devices to connect and they are now ready for browsing the Internet with the connection provided by your iPhone XS/XS Max.
In case you have troubles with setting up, using Personal Hotspot or Mobile Hotspot on your iPhone XS/XS Max, you can perform a network settings reset or restart your device. It will get rid of minor software glitches that are causing problems to the Internet function of your iPhone.
I hope this post will help you in some cases. Please help me spread the word by sharing this post to social networks or other people who also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!