Although iPhone XS and XS Max have just gone on sale for more than a week, there are a lot of complaints from users about slow internet browsing on their new iPhone.
The solutions shared in this article are used to fix slow Internet browsing issue that affects your new iPhone XS/ XS Max. Read on to know what to do if your iPhone XS/XS Max sluggishly loads websites.
However, before you move on to troubleshooting, if you face other issues with your new iPhone, keep visiting our website to get solutions for common issues with your iPhone.
How to troubleshoot slow internet browsing issue on iPhone XS, XS Max
Solution 1: Force-quit and restart your browser
Slow internet browsing might be an isolated issue on the browser you are using. The might be some minor glitches, and it needs a restart. If you’ve previously loaded your browser, but have not closed the app, it is still running in the background and eventually gets crashed. In this case, clearing the app might help in fixing the issue. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom and pause from your Home screen.
- Swipe left or right to open your browser app preview.
- Then swipe the app card up on to force close it.
If there are multiple apps running in the background, simply clear them all so that they cannot cause conflict when getting crashed or corrupted.
Solution 2: Soft reset your iPhone XS/XS Max
Sometimes, doing a soft reset or rebooting your iPhone is a simple, but effective method when there are software problems associated with the network functions. Here’s how you can do it on your iPhone XS/XS Max:
- Press and hold the Power button and either Volume Up/Down buttons simultaneously. After that, release both buttons when you see the Slide to Power Off menu on the screen.
- Drag the slider to switch off your iPhone completely.
- Wait for about 1 minute, and then press the Power button again to power your device back on.
Wait for your phone to boot up completely and then open your browser again, do some test browsing.
Solution 3: Clear cache, cookies and temporary data of the browser
If you use Safari browser for surfing internet on your iPhone XS/XS Max, you can then clear cache, cookies, and temporary data of your favorite browser in its settings menu. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch Settings app from your home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Head to Privacy section from Safari.
- Now, tap on Clear History and Website Data
- When you are prompted, tap on Clear Cookies and Data to confirm your selection.
Close the Safari app by following the above steps when you finish clearing cookies and data. Finally, reboot your iPhone and launch Safari browser again.
Solution 4: Forget Wi-Fi network and reconnect it again
To fix slow Internet browsing problem, forgetting the network is also a good solution. As the process will delete the Wi-Fi network on your phone, so you need to set it up again. Before proceeding, note your Wi-Fi password to enter it afterward. Now follow these steps to forget Wi-Fi network on your iPhone XS/XS Max:
- Launch Settings app on your phone
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Find Wi-Fi network you want to forget and choose the (i) icon near the network name.
- Tap on Forget This Network option
- When you are prompted, tap on Forget to confirm it.
Solution 5: Update browser app and iOS software
If you are using a third-party browser app like Chrome, updating the app can be a good solution to fix the problem. App developers usually release patch updates of their app including new features and security enhancements. Thus, after installing the app update, common problems like slow Internet browsing will be resolved. To manually install pending app updates, simply open the App Store, tap on Update section. From there, you will see a list of the apps with pending updates. Locate your browser app and then tap on Update button.
If you’re using the stock browser, you can fix the issue by installing the latest iOS update on your phone.
- To check for new iOS update, on your iPhone XS, XS Max, go to Settings-> General -> Software Update section.
If there is a new iOS update available, you will see a notification for the update. Simply follow the onscreen instruction to download and install the new update on your phone. Your phone will automatically reboot after updating the software. Now, check again if the slow Internet browsing problem has disappeared.
If you’ve already tried all the above methods, but the problem still persists, then you can escalate the problem to your service provider for better assistance in doing more advanced troubleshooting procedures.