You are facing “No service” problem on your iPhone X, which prevents you from placing or receiving calls and messages on your iPhone X.
Solution To Fix No Service Error
If you get trouble with connecting to the network or service on your iPhone X, here are solutions to help in reconnecting to your network:
Reset your Network Settings on iPhone X
This method will erase all saved Wi-Fi passwords currently on your device, so make sure you have Wi-Fi passwords available after this step
- Go to Settings > General and then tap onReset
- Tap on Reset Network Settings. Apple logo will appear on the screen and your phone will then restart. After that, try to connect to the network again.
- If your iPhone X has not got any service after you reset your network settings, you should try disabling your LTE connection. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options
- Toggle “Enable LTE” to off
- Try reconnecting manually to your network:
- Go to Settings > Carrier and disable Automatic.
- Your iPhone X will then start searching for networks. Once the results are displayed, choose the Carrier you belong to.
- Make sure your iPhone X is up to date by going to Settings > General > Software Update and perform any updates available.
- The last step you need to do is making a full backup and then restoring it on your iPhone. For a complete instruction, click on here.
- If the problem still persists, you should take your iPhone X to Apple Genuine.