Hello iOS fans! This troubleshooting post will answer iPhone users who were having trouble with receiving push notifications for your Facebook account. If you’re looking for how to do it, simply check the steps below.
Note: When you describe your issue in the comment, please detail it as much as possible, so we can easily give you relevant solutions. If possible, kindly indicate the exact error messages you are encountering, so that we can get an idea of where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting methods before letting us know, mention them so we can skip them in answers.
Problem: Facebook app on iPhone not showing push notifications
If you have another Facebook account and it shows notifications just the way in the same app on your iPhone, then you should first check another set of notifications settings of your issued account. These settings are account-specific. Every account has its own notification settings, and it depends on how its user wants it to work. If you have not checked this yet, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app in your iPhone and log into your Facebook account in question.
- Tap on More settings icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Scroll down all the way and select Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Notification Settings.
- Tap on Push under Where you receive notifications section.
- Ensure you have disabled Mute Push Notifications. If this option is enabled, you cannot receive Facebook push notifications at all on your iPhone
- Return to Notification Settings.
- Customize the notifications as the way you want to receive for items such as Apps, Birthdays, and others
If you are facing a problem with your iPhone, let us know about it and we’ll find our best solutions to fix them in the upcoming articles. We can’t guarantee to answer every question but we’ll try our best to help you.