Facebook is now the most popular social network app on both Android and iOS platforms. As it’s a trusty app, so millions of smartphone users have already installed it on their respective devices. However, the Facebook app is not completely free of flaws. In fact, there are still random issues from network errors or server downtimes because it’s an online app. Such problems are usually rectifiable by a few workarounds. If you are encountering a problem with the Facebook app installed on your iPhone XS/XS Max when it’s not working properly or keeps crashing, this article will show you helpful solutions so that you can try on to fix Facebook app problems.
How To Fix Facebook App That Keeps Crashing On iPhone XS Max
The first thing you should do in this case is to ensure that your phone is running on the latest iOS version. If there is an update available ( at this time of writing is iOS 12.1.2), then make sure to download and install it on your phone. You should also make sure to have the newest version of the Facebook app installed. You can check if it’s already the latest version by launching the App Store. In case you have already installed the latest version, but the issue still persists, you can then proceed with the additional solutions listed below.
Force restart the iPhone XS/XS Max
A force restart is the easiest solution for you do to bring the Facebook app from working again. Sometimes, random glitches are the main reason that causes the app to keep crashing or work incorrectly.
- Quickly press and release the volume-up button
- Do the same with the volume-down button
- Finally, press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo appears
Your iPhone screen will temporarily go dark since it shuts down and reboots. Keep holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears. After that, check if the issue still occurs.
Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app
There is a chance that the Facebook app being used on your iPhone gets corrupted. To check if this is the case, you should uninstall and then install it again.
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on the Facebook icon.
- When until all the icons start wiggling, tap on the X from the corner of the Facebook app icon. This will instigate deletion of the app.
- Tap on Delete to confirm your selection.
- Launch the App Store, search for the Facebook app and reinstall it.
Perform a factory reset
The next solution you should consider is a factory reset. This method will revert your iPhone back to its original factory state. Make sure to back up your phone data first before performing this method as everything will be deleted.
- Turn on your iPhone by pressing the Power button.
- Open Settings app from the Home screen
- Tap on General > Reset menu
- Select option “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Read the warning and enter your passcode when prompted to continue.
- Finally, tap on the popup again, and wait for the reset to complete
Report the problem to Facebook
After the factory reset, if the problem still persists, then it’s likely caused by a bug in the Facebook app. You should contact the Facebook technical team so that the problem could be fixed by an update patch.